cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to control USB Transfer Speed on imx6 device running Yocto Linux

nidheesh_kumark
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there a way to restrict USB Transfer speed on imx6 devices running Yocto Linux. I'm facing an issue with a USB isolator chip which has a full speed 12 Mbps but transfer from a USB mass storage device is very slow. I have measured the transfer speed as low as 1 Mbps with the isolator. However when the isolator is bypassed, speed is 17 Mbps.

When i googled, I could read some posts stating that the Kernel tries to transfer at Higher speeds and when it encounters errors, it switches to lower speeds. I would like to do some experimentation by setting the USB Transfer speed in the Kernel. Is there any configuration available in the Kernel to do that.

Thanks,

Nidheesh

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nidneesh

one can try usb "maximum-speed" in dts :

generic.txt\usb\bindings\devicetree\Documentation - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos