cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 30 ?

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Hi,

In file gap_task.h, I do not see a GAP enum value for KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 30. What is this value meant for?

GAP_PARAM_UPDATE_REQ_IND = KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 28,
/// Bonding request indication from peer device
GAP_BOND_REQ_IND = KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 31,
/// Parameter update timeout indication
GAP_PARAM_UPDATE_TO_IND = KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 34,

Although +29,32,33 are also missing, I am interested in KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 30, because the application handler get called with this msgid. But obviously it is not handled/serviced.

Many Thanks,

Tony

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Our colleague replies that "KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 30" means GAP_LE_RD_BUFF_SIZE_IND.

Normally this is handled within the stack codes. If you are not using this message at your application, you shouldn't receive such message.

So back to my previous post, please provide me more info so I can help to pinpoint the issue.

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is this QN902x? Or which part number is this?

0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Yes, it is QN902x with QBlue.

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am not sure about "KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 30". It looks our R&D colleagues firstly defined it for some use and then removed it because it is no longer needed. Same for 29, 32, 33. So normally you should never see these values.

Could you give more details about how this code is produced / appears at your side?

0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

I am trying to reproduce a reported problem in which the QBlue refuses to connect after left connected for few days. I am logging the messages received from the stack to the application handler. One of the message received was that.

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony,

Could you give more details about how QBlue refuses to reconnect? e.g. a full log. So I can help to check what exactly happened at that moment. Thanks.

Regards,

Xiang

0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Is there a logging tool? Can you point me to any documentation on how to do it? I have been using Breakpoints to detect the received values.

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I meant logs in general, like BLE sniffer log or a UART terminal log etc.

So far we only know that you have a disconnect + reconnect fails. And a message code KE_FIRST_MSG(TASK_GAP) + 30. Based on this info I cannot help you to diagnose what is the issue.

At lease tell me which line of code in which file did you place the breakpoint ...

0 Kudos