cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS API

elvis_poprzenov
Contributor I

Hello,

Could somebody please answer the following questions?

Does the Code Warrior Connection Server Application Programming Interface (CCS API) work

With the CodeWarrior Development Suites for Networked Applications v11.4.0 installed on Windows 10?

The CCS API Manual says currently CCS and CCS API support Microsoft® Windows 7, Vista®, XP, 2000, NT4, 98, Linux® and Oracle Solaris.

Also, the CCS API manual says the CCS comes with built in TCL interpreter.

Can TCL scripting be used through the Windows 10 command prompt?

I need to flash an XML file that contains the locations of the other three files, PBL, U-boot, and PFE. I believe the TCL scripting could be used for this.

I am wandering if a command like this from Windows 10 command prompt would work?

"C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior\bin\cmdide.exe" /d C:\ProgramData\Freescale\CodeWarior\1000170077\SCM_INFO\board_bringup\cw_qspi_flash_rel.xml go nowait kill

Your advise will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Elvis Poprzenovic

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that the simplest way to crate a binary file for this task.

This binary file contains binary images of the RCW, PBL, u-boot and PFE.

For example LSDK provides building .img file. This image file is binary image and contains RCW. PBL, u-boot, PFE, kernel, .dtb and root file sustem.

Similar file can be created using RCW, PBL, u-boot and PFE binary file and a hex editor.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have tested the CodeWarrior Development Suites for Networked Applications v11.4.0 under Windows 10.

It provides correct operations under Windows 10 using CodeWarrior TAP.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

elvis_poprzenov
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

One more question:

I know I can start the CCS Console (the picture below) from the Windows 10 Command prompt, but is it possible to run the ccs.exe from the windows command prompt (C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2019.01\Common\CCS\bin\ccs.exe) and pass the CCA API commands to it as arguments? (something like an example in the picture below)

[cid:image005.png@01D58992.3AAB8F10]

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Elvis

0 Kudos

elvis_poprzenov
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much for the answer!

Could you also answer the question about the TCL scripting?

Thank you,

Elvis Poprzenovic

0 Kudos