Did you mean: 

IMX6al audio only one channel has sound

AGuang
Contributor II

Hi all

CPU:      IMX6ul

audio:     ES8388

Linux:      4.1.15

IMX6al audio only one channel has sound. MCLK is 11.2896 MHz, SCLK is 2.82 MHz, and LRCLK is 44.1KHZ.

Normal playback is left channel sound, right channel no sound,If I change register 23 of ES8388, the left and right data exchange bits, there will be no sound in the left channel and sound in the right channel. It has been proved that the hardware should be ok.I measured LRCLK and DSDIN through oscilloscope, and found that there was data transmission only when LRCLK was low level, but there was no high level.I have set up the route in es8388, I don't know what else need to set up in imx6ul.

1.JPG

LRCLK and DSDIN

2.JPG

LRCLK and SCLK

3.png

4.png

5.png

linux boot

6.png

play music

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi aguang

one can look at es8388 driver and try to port it for i.mx

[3/4] ASoC: rockchip: Add machine driver for ES8388 codecs - Patchwork 

May be useful Porting Guide from Linux L4.14.98_2.0.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

AGuang
Contributor II

Thank you

I found the reason, MCLK is too fast, I modified the BCLKDIV of register 8 of ES8388 to be 00110

VN7ZQ{0_@RBA9OP$A18}HAL.png

0 Kudos