Moving project from rt1050 to rt1060

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving project from rt1050 to rt1060

tae_kim
Contributor I

I have a custom board with rt1050 for my project and recently upgraded to rt1060. 

I am using p&e multilink to debug.

From the data sheets and general consensus, I shouldn't have to change too much on my current project / settings.

When debugging I get errors like connection errors, gdb errors, pointing to random 0X######## locations.

What are some settings that I must change in the MCUXpresso IDE as well as what I must change in code?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need to gather more information about the question, so I was wondering if you can introduce the steps of changing a project from RT1050 to RT1060 in detail.
Looking forward to your reply.

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tae_kim
Contributor I

The current board has MIMX RT1052 DVL6B

Project settings: SDK_2.x_EVKB-IMXRT1050 (Version 2.6.1)

Chip = MIMXRT1052xxxxB

Package = MIMXRT1052DVL6A

Processor = cm7

MCU Driver = MIMXRT1050-EVK_S26KS512S.cfx

Memory configuration: (The only change I made for rt1060 was increase SRAM_OC from 0x40000 to 0xC0000)

pastedImage_1.png

I have the same board with upgraded mcu: MIMX RT1062 DVL6A, which should have same pin out and just double  the memory.

I have tried running the program with different combination of project settings and drivers (RT1060 chip, package, drivers, etc) but get errors like:

"Break at address "0x20d108" with no debug information available, or outside of program code."

or

No source available for "(gdb[3].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[3].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]" 

or

sometimes just connection errors,

I assumed that since the rt1052 & rt1062 is very similar that the only necessary changes were project/memory settings. Where should I begin to change so that the project can be run on the new board? What software changes are necessary?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
Firstly, We'd highly recommend the developer don't migrate the demo project as you did, it may encounter a variety of weird issue when program and debug the migrated project.
So please follow the steps to do migration work.
1. Download the SDK library for the RT1062.
2. Use a simple demo from the SDK library as the template demo, then do the migration work for it.

Have a great day.

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos