Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to back up the image and flash into eMMC ls1021a

jiye
Contributor V

Hi,

Linux kernel 4.19

LSDK 1906

Currently I have a TWR-LS1021a eva board. My image is running on a SD card. I used dd to the SD card  to back the image and save on my host machine.

But my question is now I have a stand alone ls1021a,  an build in eMMC and a JTAG interface.

Can I use CodeWarriror Tools to flash the dd image that I backed up from the SD card into the eMMC directly ? 

Or what is the right way to copy the binary from the SD card and flash into the eMMC since I do not have ethernet interface in my case TFTP is not an option.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, use this Application Note for writing u-boot to eMMC.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior Flash Programmer for ARMv7 does not support writing binary files to SD/eMMC.

CodeWarrior Flash Programmer from CW4NET for ARMv8 supports writing binary files to SD/eMMC.

Use u-boot from SD card for copy this u-boot fro SD card to eMMC card.

Copy the u-boot image from SD card to SDRAM using "mmc read" command.

Use the "mmc dev [dev]" command to change current mmc device.

Copy this image fro SDRAM to eMMC using "mmc write" command.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

Hi,

The problem is my new PCB does not have SD card slot only eMMC and JTAG interface. My Eva board boots from the SD card. In other words, copy from SD card and switch mmc device to eMMC is not an option for me. Is AN5184 section 4.2 notes application is the only option ?

0 Kudos