Why is the UART in Coordinator not working properly in JN5169?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the UART in Coordinator not working properly in JN5169?

Contributor III

I created the UART in the Coordinator, but it doesn't work. For example, I send 0xFF through the serial port. However, the content received by the serial port assistant is 0x3F. When sending 0, the serial port cannot receive it. But creating the same UART works fine in EndDevice.I do not know why it has to be like this.

Have you ever encountered this situation? thank you very much for your reply.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please let me know which application note are you basing yourself on?

To enable functionality for a UART, you'll need to initialize it first. You can use the function you show in your post, however, you'll have to make sure the macros correspond to the UART you'll be using. When enabling it, you should also consider the pin locations for your UART, as well as baud rate and other configurations specifically for this peripheral.

You'll also have to define interrupt priority for the corresponding UART, in the PIC SwVectTable in the irq.s file of your project.

For reference, you could check the JN-AN-1069 Application Note, here. This Application Note enables an additional UART for communication. You could also check JN-AN-1217 out, which is an example base device.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos