Can't install or update new software on MCUXpresso IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install or update new software on MCUXpresso IDE

miguel_perezand
Contributor II

When I try to install or update new software in MCUXpresso IDE, I get the following error

Screenshot from 2019-10-15 12-19-21.png

Any idea what can be wrong? I'm running the IDE on Fedora 30.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Miguel,

Before the error message can you please take a screenshot of the window for installing the software. I'd like to see which checkboxes you have selected, so I can try to reproduce this error.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

miguel_perezand
Contributor II

Hello Sabina, first of all thanks for your reply. I installed the software by extracting the program from the .deb file and then moving the files to the main filesystem, so there were no checkboxes. Can I supply you with any other relevant information?

On another hand, I continued investigating the issue, and I think the problem is with the new MCUXpresso 11.0.1 version, as the plugins where correctly installed on the previous 11.0.0 version. I don't know if this is a problem of the IDE or a bad configuration on the plugins' developers servers. I made a new question with this new information but it has not been aproved yet.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for the reply. Can you try to run MCUXpresso IDE as root. Let me know if this results successful for you or not.

Best regards,

Sabina

miguel_perezand
Contributor II

It was solved running as root. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos