The interface firmware failed FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU Using QSPI Flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The interface firmware failed FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU Using QSPI Flash

sbajaj
Contributor II

Board: MIMXRT1060-EVK 

SDK: SDK_2.6.2_EVK-MIMXRT1060.tar.gz

Program sample: evkmimxrt1060_hello_world.bin (imported directly from SDK)

When we dragged hello_world.bin file in mount directory the program never runs and "FAIL.txt" file is getting generated  and the file says "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU type : target"

Could you please look into this issue and kindly let us know the ways to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Bajaj Sarveshwar

Labels (1)
11 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sarveshwar Bajaj,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to gather more information, so whether you can introduce the steps of testing you did, then I can replicate the phenomenon on my site.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sbajaj
Contributor II

Hello,

Following steps we followed :

1. We took sample hello world application from Mcuexpresso SDK and that (hello_world.bin) file is dragged and dropped to the mxrt1060 mount using QSPI flash.

2.Unable to flash the board resulting in generation of FAIL.txt file in mount directory with content "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU type : target" as mentioned earlier.

Earlier we were able to flash and it worked fine but now we cannot flash even demo project on the board.

Could you please help us in this regard?

Thanks,

Bajaj Sarveshwar

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sarveshwar Bajaj,

Thanks for your reply.
Please refer to the attachment to update the firmware and give a try again.

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sbajaj
Contributor II

Hello jeremyzhou‌,

After using firmware mentioned in attachment, able to update the firmware but still unable to flash the board using using sample application,as it again generates "FAIL.txt" file.

Steps Followed : 

1. Tried  with both firmware (Default application firmware and updated firmware ) mentioned in attachment.

Pressed the SW8 and power button on board. There appeared a disk named "MAINTENANCE" and then dragged/dropped the firmware to same disk and waited for a while, the firmware gets updated as no FAIL.txt file is generated.

2. Later dragged/dropped the sample application file (hello_world.bin) file into R1060-EVK mount and waited for a while then "FAIL.txt" file being generated with content "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU type : target" 

Is anything missing from my side?  Is there any way that will prevent this from happening ? How can i flash the board successfully.

Thanks,

Sarveshwar.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sarveshwar Bajaj,
Thanks for your reply.
I've followed the steps as the AN12108 demonstrates to drag/drop the hello_world.bin to the RT1060-EVK disk to program the QSPI and it works well. Note that: the disk's name is not "MAINTENANCE" as you described,

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

sbajaj
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou‌,

For the clarification please consider the following points: 

1. To update firmware, I have dragged/dropped the firmware (mentioned in your attachment) in "MAINTENANCE" disk and firmware got updated successfully.

2. After the firmware got updated successfully, I did following steps:

a) To flash the board I dragged/dropped hello_world.bin file into "RT1060-EVK" disk using QSPI mode. (Please note that this is "Not in MAINTENANCE disk")

b) I am still seeing issue i.e. unable to flash board resulting in generation of FAIL.txt file.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sarveshwar Bajaj,

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the steps, step a should be to flash the board I dragged/dropped hello_world.bin file into "RT1060-EVK" disk using Serial Downloader mode instead of QSPI mode.
In further, whether you can enter debug mode successful with the on-board debugger now.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

sbajaj
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou

Could you please elaborate in details :

1) how to flash the board using serial downloader mode instead of QSPI ?

( As I have tried changing Switch SW7-3 to on and SW7-4 to off to get into serial mode but still FAIL.txt file is created resulting in failure of flash.Need detail steps of the same.) 

2) how to enter into debug mode with the help of on-board debugger ?

Thanks,

Bajaj Sarveshwar

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sarveshwar Bajaj,

Thanks for your reply.
1) how to flash the board using serial downloader mode instead of QSPI?
-- Please follow steps of the 4.1. OpenSDA Drag/Drop and boot from QSPI Flash in the attachment.
2)  How to enter into debug mode with the help of an on-board debugger?
-- Open the SDK library's demo in the MCUXpreeo or other IDEs, then combine the the on-board debugger: OpenSDA to debug the i.MX RT chip.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

deshmukh
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

I have same problem as mentioned by Mr.Sarveshwar. I followed the steps you have mentioned in the thread. I still can not flash hello_world.bin on MIMXRT1060EVK board. Please help further.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi amit deshmukh

Please create a new post about your question and introduce the phenomenon in detail, then share the link with me.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos