cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Pin/Signal Name usage

EE_CW
Contributor III

Hello together

I just started to use S32 Design Studio. First I tried to enable an LED by a Switch.

This worked well so far. I always used the Pin number to use the driver functions. But I want to use user name of the Signal instead of the numbers. So I found the option "User Pin/Signal Name"

I filled in a desired name there, but I was not able to use this name. It always showed "LED_B undeclared..." during building.

So how can I use this user Pin name?

S32_pinname.png

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
9 Replies

EE_CW
Contributor III

Hi Jiri

S32 DS Version 2018.R1 (Build id: 180326)

SDK Version: 0.8.6

Regards

Mario

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario, 

Custom pin names was added to SDK RTM_3.0.0 - please use this SDK version. Previous versions contains a bug and custom pin names aren't generated by processor expert. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

EE_CW
Contributor III

Hi Jiri, Hi Robin

I updated all available Software.

It still doesn't work.

I'm using the following SDK in the project:

s32_sdk.PNG

I'm using the S32K148EVB-Q176 Board for my tests. And I created a new project (not using a template).

I cann not choose this SDK RTM_3.0.0 when I'm creating a new project:

s32_sdk_choose.PNG

Regards

Mario

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario, 

with correctly installed latest update you should see something like this - when you create new project: 

pastedImage_1.png

Here is document how to update S32DS https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343020  . Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

EE_CW
Contributor III

Hi Jiri

Now its working correctly with the new SDK version. Thank you for your tipps. :-)

Regards

Mario

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

each "pin" is composed from PORT and PIN number and SDK needs to add  _PIN and _PORT suffix for each pin definition. So - just use LED_B_PIN (or LED_B_PORT in case you need to use PORTE). More details you can find in generated pin_mux.h header file. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

EE_CW
Contributor III

Hi Jiri

Thank you for your answer. I tried this out, but it seems that it is not working for me. I tried this out, but there was acompilation error that LED_B_PIN is undeclared. Then I checked out the "pin_mux.h" file and I also included it in the source file. But the content of this file does not shows something like _PORT or _PIN.

Only in the comment part at the top, there is my choosen name listed. But no Source Code is generated with that name (see attached pictures):

s32_mux file.PNG

The yellow marked part includes a long comment section with the settings. There I could find the followed lines:

s32_mux file_comment.PNG

Maybe there is an option I have to set that this is working correctly?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

My IDE is able to generate in pin_mux.h header file.

S32 Design Studio for ARM

Version: 2018.R1
Build id: 180815

User Pin definitions.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

what's your S32 DS and SDK version?