cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K66F not connecting with Jlink

priyankadas0894
Contributor I

Hi All,

I was trying to connect my customized board with FRDM-K66F board to program the customized board. As per give process, using reset button connect FRDM board in bootloader mode and copy the openSDK file in that folder. After that unplug the board and again plug the board. After this device will install as Jlink CDC UART port. 

But my FRDM board is not getting reinstalled as Jlink CDC UART port. after copying the openSDA file. 

It is getting connected as segger mass storage device and Jlink cdc uart port with same no as previous.And the red LED that is D1 remains on. when i try to debug the code in MCU xpresso it shows error as target is refusing it actively. 

I tried to connect the board with Jlink commander but it is showing could not find core in coresight  setup. 

I have attached the screen shot. 

I am using MCUxpresso IDE tool , FRDM-K66F board and for communication Jlink. 

Help me to recover the FRDM board as a programmer. 

9.png10.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I believe you're FRDM board is constantly resetting(the red led indicator). Please check the following article which describes step by step how to recover the board.

Recovering FRDM-K64F mbed Board | MCU on Eclipse 

Please let me know if this works for you. Or on the contrary which step are you not able to do successfully.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

priyankadas0894
Contributor I

Hey

i have issue in handling FRDM k66F . 

the board is not being connected to the pc using USB port on frdm-k66f. 

using open sda i can see the frdmk66f and push the bin file but the board reboots and i am able to see a .txt file named as FAIL

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please describe, how are you powering the board when you connect with your JLink?

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

priyankadas0894
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am powering the board with micro USB, connected in open SDA port.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please try to power through the USB port not the OpenSDA port. In addition you will need an external debugger to regain access to your board. 

Do you still show the red led?

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos