Where is i.MX RT1021DAF/1015DAF GPT clock input?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is i.MX RT1021DAF/1015DAF GPT clock input?

Alex_Tsai
Contributor II

RT1021DAF or RT1015DAF has GPT clock input?

The Table 46-2 GPT External Signals seems wrong in reference manual page.2442.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alex, 

There isn't any error with Table 46-2. The GPT counter can be operated using an external clock from outside the device, and this is the input pin used for that purpose. The external clock input (GPT_CLK) is treated as asynchronous to the peripheral clock (ipg_clk). To ensure proper operations of GPT, the external clock input frequency should be less than 1/4 of frequency of the peripheral clock (ipg_clk). Hysteresis characteristics on this pad will be required because this is a clock input.

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alex_Tsai
Contributor II

Refer to the following table of RT1021.

Actually, the GPT1_CLK Pad is GPIO_EMC_39, not GPIO_AD_B0_13.

The GPIO_AD_B0_13 Pad is for RT105x.

And, both GPIO_EMC_39(GPT1_CLK) & GPIO_EMC_31(GPT2_CLK) not in RT1021DAF(100pin).

So 100pin package no anyone GPT_CLK input, right?

RT1021_GPT_ExtSignalTable.png

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for clarifying. You are right, there is a problem with Table 46-2, thanks for catching this! I will report it with the documentation team so they can fix it on future releases of the RM. 

Regarding the RT1021DAF(100pin), I'm checking with the design team what would be the case for the 100 pin package. 

Victor 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex, 

14 x 14 mm, 0.5 mm pitch doesn't have  GPIO_EMC_31 and  GPIO_EMC_39, so GPTx_CLK is not available on the 100 PIN package.

Regards,

Victor 

0 Kudos