cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set directed advertisement properly

hagguisouhail
Contributor III

Hello NXP team,

I am trying to use the directed advertisement so that only authorized central ble will be able to connect to my nxp kwm36 Ble perepheral. I tried the following solution which consist of defining the directedAddress field as the Ble mac address of my phone, I am using nRF Connect. I also, modified also the filterPolicy to be gProcessWhiteListOnly_c, therefore only my phone will be capable of scanning ond connecting to the Ble device. However I found that I am not capable neither to scan the Ble device nor to connect to it, since I know its mac address in advance. Changing the filterPolicy value to gProcessScanAllConnWL_c, I can see that I am able to scan it but not to connect to it. Could any one please guide me with this issue. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Souhail

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please try setting the following advertisement parameters?

gapAdvertisingParameters_t gAdvParams =
 {
    /* minInterval */         gGapAdvertisingIntervalDefault_c, 
    /* maxInterval */         gGapAdvertisingIntervalDefault_c, 
    /* advertisingType */     gAdvDirectedHighDutyCycle_c,  //gAdvDirectedLowDutyCycle_c
    /* addressType */         gBleAddrTypeRandom_c,
    /* directedAddressType */ gBleAddrTypePublic_c, 
    /* directedAddress */     {0x00, 0x60, 0x37, 0xB0, 0x8A, 0x1B}, //Address for ADV
    /* channelMap */          (gapAdvertisingChannelMapFlags_t) (gGapAdvertisingChannelMapDefault_c), 
    /* filterPolicy */        gProcessAll_c 
};‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

/*! Minimum advertising interval (20 ms) */
#define gGapAdvertisingIntervalRangeMinimum_c 0x0100 //0x0020 @DAdv
/*! Default advertising interval (1.28 s) */
#define gGapAdvertisingIntervalDefault_c 0x0800
/*! Maximum advertising interval (10.24 s) */
#define gGapAdvertisingIntervalRangeMaximum_c 0x0800 //0x4000 @DAdv

/* Setup Advertising and scanning data */
Gap_SetAdvertisingData(NULL,NULL);//(&gAppAdvertisingData,&gAppScanRspData); //@DAdv

Regards

0 Kudos

hagguisouhail
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

I am sorry for the delayed response since we were on an urgent task. In fact I installed both wireshark and nxp protocol analyzer. I have configured USB-KW41Z to sniff the ble protocol. I have made the same modifications that you have recommended last time to me :

gapAdvertisingParameters_t gAdvParams = {
    /* minInterval */         gGapAdvertisingIntervalDefault_c, 
    /* maxInterval */         gGapAdvertisingIntervalDefault_c, 
    /* advertisingType */     gAdvDirectedHighDutyCycle_c,
    /* addressType */         gBleAddrTypeRandom_c,
    /* directedAddressType */ gBleAddrTypePublic_c, 
    /* directedAddress */     {0x1B, 0x8A, 0xB0, 0x37, 0x60, 0x00},
    /* channelMap */          (gapAdvertisingChannelMapFlags_t) (gGapAdvertisingChannelMapDefault_c), 
    /* filterPolicy */        gProcessAll_c 
};
/* Setup Advertising and scanning data */
Gap_SetAdvertisingData(NULL,NULL);//(&gAppAdvertisingData,&gAppScanRspData); //@DAdv

I defined the following filter on wireshark to see only directed adv : btle.advertising_header.pdu_type = = 0x01.

However I cannot see any packet header with the destination address equal to that defined on the struct. You will find attached a screen shot of wireshark 

Best ragards,
Souhail
0 Kudos