S32K144EVB Unusable: Error 4099

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144EVB Unusable: Error 4099

sparkee
Contributor V

I've been having issues with my S32K144EVB since I got it.  At first, I was able to load code using Simulink via SDA.  Day 2, I was able to load code via drag and drop but not through Simulink. Day three Simulink would work occasionally.  Now Simulink seems to be finishing correctly and I see the .mot file on the SDA drive but the SDA LED on the board is doing the 8 flash error code and the board isn't running the program that I built.  It won't even accept .mot files through drag and drop anymore.  Here's an interesting note from the LASTSTAT.txt, error 4099 and NUL chars:

pastedImage_1.png

I thought it might be board hardware related so I got a new dev board and plugged it in.  It was able to load .mot files by drag and drop no problems but Simulink is giving me the COPY CATCH error.  I was able to open up the board drive in file explorer (though it was very sluggish to open) and I can see that the .mot file shows up on the drive while Simulink is still locked up trying to finish the build and program.  There is no error code in the LASTSTAT file on the new dev board, only the original.

With no other changes, I can switch between the two boards and I get different results.  The new board locks up until I unplug it and then the following error appears:

pastedImage_2.png

Even though I saw the file populate on the SDA drive.

I've been able to drag and drop SDA to program for the last two weeks but now that's not working either...

The EVBs are either giving me the 4099 error or, occasionally, going into bootloader mode when I drag and drop.  I've tried on 2 different computers with two different EVBs and (mostly) the same results.  I've gotten it out of bootloader mode then dragged a fresh mot file in and it goes right back to bootloader mode.  The other board is flashing the LED giving 4099.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jakub_R
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

is there any solution for this issue? I have the same problem with the S32K148 EVB. I have two identical boards, with the same bootloader version (1.13). One is working fine, the second is not able to flash via drag&drop. When I copy the firmware file, the green led (D10) is flashing and there is "Error 4099" in LASTSTAT.txt file.

0 Kudos

adrianoarcadipane
Contributor I

Hi, I had the same problem. The openSDA bootloader of the S32K144EVB seemed to be semi-bricked. I solved by flashing the micro once with S32DesignStudio->Flash from file, still using the OpenSDA. After that the drag and drop programming started to work again 

I add another useful information.

Finally, it seems that the OpenDSA drag and drop functionality is bugged or not robust enough. According to my experience, the flashing with the drag and drop sometimes works, sometimes not. 

The easiest workaround is configuring, in the NXP configuration block of Simulink, the "Download interface" to JTAG and the JTAG interface to "OpenSDA Embedded Degugger".

In this way, the firmware will be loaded directly with JTAG, without the use of the drag and drop function.

adrianoarcadipane_0-1680158548020.png

zaharr_
Contributor II

Hello, 

I requested a copy of motorola object file and the contents of SDA_INFO.HTM file to understand the version of the firmware that is being used on this board. This should help us gain some insight into what might be going wrong. 

Best Regards,

Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sparkee‌,

Sorry to hear that - we're not aware of such an issue being caused by our toolbox; can you give us an email where we can reach you?

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sparkee,

Could you please contact PE Micro?

They should give at least some information about the error code.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

sparkee
Contributor V

I have submitted a support request.

0 Kudos