T1042 I2C Driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1042 I2C Driver

love_hate_and_repeat
Contributor III

I'm working on T1042RDB board and I'm writing I2C driver as standalone but i have encountered some problem during writing driver. before i tell my problem, i want to show some part of the driver code.

the following is initializion step in the driver for master.

I2C_Frequency->FDR  = 0x1;

I2C_Dfs-DFSR = 0x1;

I2C_Control->MTX = RECEIVE MODE.;

I2C_Control->MEN = MODULE_ENABLE;

after above initilazation, i call my readFromSlave function which it sends START Condition, and Slave address with R/W bit.

readFromSlave function is like that;

if(I2C_Status->MBB == BUS_AVAILABLE)

{

I2C_Control->MSTA = MASTER_MODE;

printf("I'm master from now\n");

}

I2C_DATA->Data = SLAVE_ADDR && MASK_WRITE; // slave addres is 0x4c and mask_write is FE.

while(I2C_Status->RXAK != ACKNOWLEDGE_SIG); //ACKNOWLEDGE_SIG is 0.

when i call readFromSlave function, "while loop" is not broken. slave is not sending ACK message to master and i know this ACK means slave says "yes, this address belongs to me and i'm on the bus". 

i wonder that why slave is not sending an ACK to master. by the way, i guess in the terminology this ack belongs to address cycle. 

how can i resolve this problem because slave doesnt send ack to master ?  

thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

love_hate_and_repeat
Contributor III

i found the reason  of the problem. It was about calculation of slave address .

thanks.

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I just want ask you to check SDA signal but found you has solved problem. I am glad. 

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like you want to write address to slave while keep master in receive mode "I2C_Control->MTX = RECEIVE MODE.;"
Select master mode (set I2CCR[MSTA]) to transmit serial data and select transmit mode (set I2CCR[MTX]) for the address cycle then write the slave address being called into I2CDR.

0 Kudos

love_hate_and_repeat
Contributor III

Thanks sergeui for your reply but the problem is same. i set MTX to transmit mode for address cycle but slave is not sending  address ack to master.

you have any recommend to try ? 

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos