Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6SoloX with 24bit LCD

Jump to solution
heill2england
Contributor II

Hi community,

I am trying to develop a video source system using i.MX 6SoloX and 24bit LCD IF. I got a i.MX 6SoloX SABRE board and installed Yocto-Linux(4.14.98) on it.

I have had a MCIMX28LCD, I am able to use it by seeing following.

<https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-104844>

Then I ran the "fbtest"<https://github.com/jumpnow/fbtest>, I noticed that I am using a MCIMX28LCD with RGB565 format. The video data format of the system under development assumes the RGB888.

Is there a way to use MCIMX28LCD with RGB888?, or should I use another LCD?

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashi

seems it is supported in dts file, one can check "bus-width"=24 in imx6sx-sdb.dtsi file

imx6sx-sdb.dtsi\dts\boot\arm\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

One can try demo images from i.MX Software | NXP 

available options one can check in Table Common kernel boot parameters

Release Notes document from that link.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashi

seems it is supported in dts file, one can check "bus-width"=24 in imx6sx-sdb.dtsi file

imx6sx-sdb.dtsi\dts\boot\arm\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

One can try demo images from i.MX Software | NXP 

available options one can check in Table Common kernel boot parameters

Release Notes document from that link.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!