PF3000 LICELL power consumption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF3000 LICELL power consumption

demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

On debugging an i.MX7 based system with a PF3000 i realized the battery voltage of the LICELL in the system drops rapidly (>1 mV/s). The battery used is a 5.5mAh rechargable Li battery (Type MS621FE-FL11E).

I am wondering where this "immense" current draw is coming from. The LICELL is directly connected to an RTC (PCF85263A, ~300nA) and the PF3000.

The only always-on supply of the PF3000 should be VSNVS and VCOREDIG. Latter is not connected to anything other then the PMIC and an external capacitor. VSNVS is connected to the MX7's VDD_SNVS_IN and a 100k pullup for PWRON.

How may i reduce the systems energy consumtion?

Does the system automatically recover if i remove the pullup on PWRON?

If the pullup is not removed, will the PMIC try to power up constantly, while PWRON is pulled high to VSNVS?

Is there a way to disable the MX7's internal RTC?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars

one can check pin connections which are powered by VSNVS

Table 99. i.MX 7Dual 12 x 12 mm functional contact assignments, "Power Group" column

i.MX 7Dual Family of Applications Processors Datashee

>Is there a way to disable the MX7's internal RTC?

one can try to change bit SRTC_ENV (0b - SRTC is disabled or invalid.) in

SNVS_LP Control Register (LPCR) register

>Does the system automatically recover if i remove the pullup on PWRON?

>If the pullup is not removed, will the PMIC try to power up constantly, while PWRON is pulled high to VSNVS?

PWRON behaviour is described in sect.6.3.1.1PWRON PF3000 datasheet, seems if it left

unconnected (floating), when removing the pullup on PWRON, pmic may not start-up.

Power Management Integrated Circuit (PMIC) for i.MX 7 & i.MX 6SL/SX/UL

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos