cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX pin tool v6 proxy settings

Jump to solution
mthueson
Contributor I

I'm trying to open a .mex file that wants to reach out and download some configuration data but it always errors saying:
"Communication error. Check the connectivity to the Internet and repeat again."

The internet works so I assume it's having trouble getting through my company's proxy. I found the preference setting for proxies and have tried both direct and native but both produce the same error. Is there a manual way to configure proxy settings when the automated native setting doesn't work, or what else could I try to fix the issue? According to IT they don't even see a proxy hit when the tool makes the attempt and errors.

I know the .mex file is good because I've been able to open it on another computer connected to an open network.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

one can look at below link with some explanation of proxy usage

NXP Pins Tool: Understanding Data for Offline Usage | MCU on Eclipse 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

one can look at below link with some explanation of proxy usage

NXP Pins Tool: Understanding Data for Offline Usage | MCU on Eclipse 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mthueson
Contributor I

Thanks! That gave us enough to get it all running.

0 Kudos