AnsweredAssumed Answered

imx8mq problem creating bootable sdcard image

Question asked by Aaron Solochek on Sep 27, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2019 by Chad Gong

Hello,

I have an imx8mqevk and am able to successfully write and boot the demo image from a flash card. However, I am unable to boot my custom made image. The only .sdcard image generated by bitbake is .rootfs.sdcard, which which seems to suggest it isn't actually the entire sdcard image, which would be consistent with it apparently not having a bootloader on it.

Some earlier attempts at this did result in a sdcard with the expected partition table, and windows would mount the bootloader partition (although it did complain about the FAT filesystem having some errors, which it corrected to it's satisfaction), but my current build does not mount at all. The partition table looks reasonable, but windows silently ignores the bootloader partition, and pops up the expected "do you want to format this drive" dialog for the ext4 partition.

Anyway, I am building this in a docker container on windows, using ubuntu 16.04. I'm following the instructions from the i.MX Yocto user guide, Doc number IMXLXYOCTOUG, Rev L4.9.88_2.0.0-ga, 05/2018.

I have all the packages required, plus some that aren't mentioned in the doc, such as locales, sudo, and python3, and I'm running bitbake like this:

$ MACHINE=imx8mqevk DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland source setup-environment build

$ MACHINE=imx8mqevk DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland source  fsl-setup-release.sh -b build

$ bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx

What am I missing?

I'm attaching my dockerfile as reference.

Thank you.

Attachments

Outcomes