cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K11x - SM_075

jchen1
Contributor I

Hi all,

about [SM_075]:"FlexCAN and CLKOUT, both of which feature a mode to be clocked directly by the SOSC, should not make use of these modes in normal operation unless effects of clock glitches are sufficiently detected by the applied FT-COM layer.[end]"

I do not understand what does SM_075 mean.What is FT-COM layer?...

3 Replies

atzelcollazo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jianchang,

The FT-COM layer means Fault-Tolerant Communication Layer which is a set of application level software components used to detect and recover from faults that are not handled by hardware and this FT-COM layer is created by the customers. The [SM_075] means that as the FlexCAN module and CLKOUT feature can use the SOSC as clock source and this clock refenrece comes from an external component (it is not created by the MCU), the FT-COM layer must be able to detect clock failures.

Best Regards,

Atzel Collazo

yin_hua
Contributor II

Hello Atzel Collazo,

I have similar question about SM_075, if I select the SOSC as the clock for FlexCAN,  can I simply understand that the E2E protection for CAN communication in application software (rolling counter, CRC, time-out) can be the FT-COM layer you mentioned above, and the assumption is fulfilled?

0 Kudos

atzelcollazo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yin,

Yes, when you are able to detect the failures of the SOSC in the FT-COM layer, the assumption is fulfilled.

Regards,

Atzel Collazo

0 Kudos