( I thought I posted this a couple days ago, but it doesn't show up in My Content. I apologize if this is a repeat.)
Hello Experts --
I am using a QE128 processor with CW10.6 and Processor Expert in the small memory model. I have recently run into the dreaded "can't allocate memory at address 0x7ff8" or something like that. The program is nearly done, I only need a little more program space (~4-6K). So far, I have tried:
- Creating a new, banked project. Result: It doesn't compile the Processor Expert generated component definitions. Another post here suggests PE can't deal with banked memory.
- Creating a project using a processor with a flash that was small enough to not need banking. Didn't work because I need every one of the 80 pins on the QE128, and there aren't any 80 pin processors with non-banked flash.
- Forcing some of the code into the upper page. CW knows how to put the interrupt vectors up there, why not some code as well? Why not, indeed, but I haven't found the recipe yet.
So, on to the questions:
- Is there a way to force PE to compile its components into banked memory?
- Is there a way to force code into 0xC000-0xdfff without banked memory? How about data tables, as I have rather a lot of those?