Increasing number of tx buffers to avoid gBLEOverflow_c?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing number of tx buffers to avoid gBLEOverflow_c?

david_lion
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using the QN908x sdk UART example (with freertos) to send data between an eval-board and an iOS device. I am currently sending a small amount of data, 240 bytes once a second. This is far below btle5 and btle4 capabilities.

As other posters have noticed(https://community.nxp.com/message/1200672), with the default gAppMaxConnections_c (16), eventually the UART example starts throwing gBLEOverflow.

Yes, reducing the number of connections down to 2 as described in that post helps, but it will also limit the capabilities of my device. Also, soon I will want to send much more data.

How else can I increase the number of tx buffers (or perhaps the size of the tx buffers?).  

Thanks!

-dav lion

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

david_lion
Contributor I

Thanks, Estephania,

Do you have a timeframe for when the uart example will be corrected?

Which other bluetooth example would you recommend for a single characteristic with high throughput?

-dav

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I can't provide a date, maybe in the next release but I'm not sure of it.

You can try the ble shell, that might help you as well or you can also try just making your custom profile and using another example as a base.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The limitation mentioned in other post it's mostly to one example that has been reported and it's being corrected. One of the thighs you can do it's use another example as a base and implement your custom wireless uart.

I can't tell you an exact number as it will depend on the information you have in your bonding information that affects the sizes and pools  and your application size.

While the issue it's being fix and if you do not want to implement it by yourself , you will need to test the limitations of buffers.

Another thing you can do it's to use the GenFSK and again implement your own application, but still, that will be your own implementation.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estesphania

0 Kudos