Why does UART example use dual Central+Peripheral roles?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does UART example use dual Central+Peripheral roles?

david_lion
Contributor I

Hello,

I am coming from the Nordic nrf51/52 world, and trying to understand the QN908sdk.

Why does the QN908x sdk UART example use simultaneous central/peripheral for the two-channels, putting one characteristic each on the phone and the QN908x?

This means there are two connections, and two GATT servers.  By contrast, the nRF5sdk has a UART example which places both rx and tx characteristics on the btle-device, which operates as peripheral-only.  One connection, one GATT server.

I can get the QN908x sdk example to work just fine, but I'm trying to understand why such a design might be desirable.  

Thanks!

-dav lion

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David, I hope you're doing well!

The demo application is showing the capabilities of the QN9080, specifically, the fact that it can work both roles, as central and as a peripheral device, simultaneously.

For a more detailed explanation on how this example application works, could you please take a look at the BLE Demo Applications User's Guide included in the QN9080's SDK?

<…\SDK_2.2.0_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\BLE Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf>

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos