AnsweredAssumed Answered

iMX8 Yocto U-Boot Configurations - Select Boot Device

Question asked by prashanth kumar on Sep 23, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2019 by igorpadykov

In 4.14.98 BSP, I have multiple u-boot configurations for a custom iMX8QM device. I am trying to build two different versions of u-boot.bin based on different boot devices, an "sd" and "fspi" device. Is there any way to differentiate the two u-boot.bin files. Each configuration produces the same u-boot.bin binaries. In the manufacturing tool file directory, the Freescale devices have different u-boot file names according to the boot device. Is this something done automatically or do I create these files using the u-boot file created?

In sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/conf/machine/imx8qmmek.conf machine file, I have the following options:

UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "sd"
UBOOT_CONFIG_SD = \
    "${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE', 'imx8qm_iwg27m', 'imx8qm_mek_4gb_defconfig', \
                                                        'imx8qm_mek_8gb_defconfig', d)}"
UBOOT_CONFIG_FSPI = \
    "${@bb.utils.contains('COMBINED_FEATURES', 'optee', 'imx8qm_mek_spl_fspi_defconfig', \
                                                        'imx8qm_mek_fspi_defconfig', d)}"
UBOOT_CONFIG[sd]   = "${UBOOT_CONFIG_SD},sdcard"
UBOOT_CONFIG[fspi] = "${UBOOT_CONFIG_FSPI}"

The following selections tried but did not build because of an error stating only one configuration is allowed.

UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "fspi sd"
or
UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "sd fspi"

How do I get the builds to produce different output files for "sd" and "fspi" in same compilation???

Best Regards,

Prashanth Kumar K

Outcomes