cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing signed boot image via mfgtool

eren_yilmaz
Contributor III

Hi,

My question is similar to the one discussed here Why I am getting these HAB events? Dealing with QSPI FLASH offset. 

I am trying to flash a signed u-boot image by using the imx usb tool, (the signed image works fine when flashed from mmc e.g. no hab events), however, when done with the serial download protocol (either with imx usb loader or mfgtool) I get HAB events that indicate none of the blocks that were supposed to be checked have actually been checked. I am aware that this is due to the DCD table, I have included the DCD table as blocks to be checked in the .csf file as well but I still get the same HAB events.

--------- HAB Event 1 -----------------
event data:
        0xdb 0x00 0x1c 0x41 0x33 0x18 0xc0 0x00
        0xca 0x00 0x14 0x00 0x02 0xc5 0x00 0x00
        0x00 0x00 0x16 0x48 0x10 0x0f 0xf0 0x00
        0x00 0x00 0x10 0x04

STS = HAB_FAILURE (0x33)
RSN = HAB_INV_SIGNATURE (0x18)
CTX = HAB_CTX_COMMAND (0xC0)
ENG = HAB_ENG_ANY (0x00)

Eren

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Appendix F (i.MX manufacturing tool) of "Secure Boot on i.MX 50, i.MX 53, i.MX 6 and i.MX 7 Series using HABv4"

application note, Rev. 2, 05/2018,  provides information how to prepare signed images for the MFG.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4581.pdf 

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos