Will it make the S32K damage if using debuger reprogram when reset always occurs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it make the S32K damage if using debuger reprogram when reset always occurs

xinguang_wang
Contributor III

Hi, All

During the time I test the fucntion of SBC(FS4500)and S32K144, before I disconnected the reset pin of SBC and MCU to debug. When I recover the connected of the reset pin of SBC and MCU, use debuger to reprogram, the program can't run meanwhile the period nobody to feed the watchdog caused the reset pin asserts always. I want to know if there will damage S32K144 when the reset pin always asserts low.

Thanks!

Xinguang

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xinguang, 

I'm not sure that I understood correctly, so please, correct me if I'm wrong. 

If you keep the reset pin always in low, the S32K will never go out of the reset state, this means that your application will never boot. 

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xinguang_wang
Contributor III

Hello Victor,

Thanks for your kindly response, I should describe the reset conditions more detailedly. The reset pin of S32K144 is low every 256ms, and duration time is 8ms, I'd like to knwo whether will it influence the reprograming when using Jlink to debug? The fact is that when I do this, It  seems damaged the S32K chip so that I can't read the register.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards!

Xinguang

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xinguang, 

Thanks for clarifying. Regarding your question, yes, it will influence the reprogramming when using any debugger, not just with JLink. Any debugger that you use must have total control over the reset line at the time of programming/debugging. 

I hope it helps! 

Victor