cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of Stainless Steel cover on MPX5999D

Jump to solution
awolfe1
Contributor I

I assume the stainless steel cover on the MPX5999D is to protect the internal component of the pressure transducer.  I also assume it has no structural purpose when the transducer is under pressure, is that correct?

I am asking because we would like to add a compatible gel to the transducer before installing the transducer behind a movable diaphragm, and have found that removing the plate makes it easier to add the gel without air being trapped in the assembly.  I am sure that you could not recommend or warrant this process as we are modifying your original assembly, but if you could simply answer the question above it would be helpful to us.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aaron,

You are correct. The stainless steel lid is for mechanical protection and does not influence the performance of the sensor itself (other than the hole in the lid to allow air to vent).

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
awolfe1
Contributor I

A follow up question... what kind of volume would we need to buy in order to purchase transducers without the stainless steel lid?  Is it even possible?

Thank you,

Aaron

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aaron,

You are correct. The stainless steel lid is for mechanical protection and does not influence the performance of the sensor itself (other than the hole in the lid to allow air to vent).

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos