AnsweredAssumed Answered

NXP Supplied Reference Code for ESBC

Question asked by Rashmitha Ramesh Nair on Sep 19, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2019 by Rashmitha Ramesh Nair

Hi,

1.I am trying to find the NXP Reference code which is mentioned in all NXP documents which describes ESBC phase. 

But none of the SDK documents give exact location or content of this code.

2.In LSDKUG_Rev19.06, 6.1.1.5 ESBC Phase says 

ESBC is NXP – supplied reference code, and can be changed by OEMs. ESBC is the BL2 image, which is signed using private key.

That image then loads a FIP image that includes,

BL31 ( EL3 runtime software) ,

BL32( optional image for platform storage) and

BL33 (Uboot) to DDR and their headers to DDR, then validates these images.

Is there sample/reference code for BL31 and BL32?

Or could you provide a brief description what is the expected image there?

3. In QorIQ Yocto Environment, i edited my U-Boot source code in arch/arm/cpu/armv8 folder as my board is LS1046ARDB. The output qspi-secure-boot.bin file is 800MB in size. Even if i remove all other boards and CPU configuration folders and remove them from the Kconfigs, the size remains unchanged and is still 800MB.

What are the folder/files/configurations that should be removed to reduce the file size?

4. In QorIQ Yocto Environment, once I do bitbake U-Boot and it succeeds running all the tasks. If I make a change and do bitbake again, the compiling of changed files doesn't take place and no new output file is generated.

So I am doing bitbake -c compile -f u-boot

and then bitbake u-boot

To do a forced compile

But this throws a warning that the .bb is tainted due to force run. Does this have any impact on the generated files?

In there some other way in bitbake to do an incremental build/build new changes?

Regards,

Rashmitha

Chitra AmzarewaleSapre

Outcomes