cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Power mode transitions-2

goto11
Contributor III

hello,Community

About the reply from gorpadykov, “internal PMIC configuration is not supported in i.MX7D”

There are two questions about the attached document

①About internal PMIC configuration is not supported in i.MX7D
Is the content as follows?
The configurations enclosed in red in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-4 are not supported.
Does it only support the configuration enclosed in blue in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-5?

②About the attached document sch-28590_i.mx7d_saber_rev_d
The following signals are connected.
Is this connection an internal PMIC configuration?

Power Botton and i.MX7D ONOFF signal
   i.MX7D PMIC_ON_REQ signal and PMIC PWRON signal

best regards

Goto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goto

>The configurations enclosed in red in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-4 are not supported.

right

>Does it only support the configuration enclosed in blue in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-5?

yes

>The following signals are connected.
>Is this connection an internal PMIC configuration?

sch-28590_i.mx7d_saber_rev_d connections are for configuration with external PMIC.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

>sch-28590_i.mx7d_saber_rev_d connections are for configuration with external PMIC.
The following signals are connected.
Power Botton and i.MX7D ONOFF signal
i.MX7D PMIC_ON_REQ signal and PMIC PWRON signal

Is this connection the same as Figure 6-4 assuming configuration with internal PMIC?

Is it only possible to check the relationship between ONOFF signal and PMIC_ON_REQ signal based on Table 6-8. Power mode transitions in the Reference Manual?
However, Table 6-8 does not describe the state of the PMIC_ON_REQ signal when the ONOFF button is pressed.
If I don't know the transition of the PMIC_ON_REQ signal, I can't judge whether to operate according to the PMIC Power on sequence.

Or can i.MX's PMIC_ON_REQ signal be turned ON or OFF directly in the register?

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello

>Is this connection the same as Figure 6-4 assuming configuration with internal PMIC?

not. As was answered before i.MX7D does not support configuration with internal PMIC.

>can i.MX's PMIC_ON_REQ signal be turned ON or OFF directly in the register?

please refer to patch for controlling PMIC_ON_REQ signal by software

Q&A: How is mx6 PMIC_ON_REQ under SW control? 

1256-ENGR00178629-i.MX6-sabresd-support-software-power-of.patch.txt.zip

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

From the attached file, I found that mx6 Q & A and sch-28590_i.mx7d_saber_rev_d have the same configuration.

However, the description of ON, first time in Table 6-8. Power mode transitions enclosed in red frame is as follows.
In external PMIC, No. 2 says When button is pressed, PMIC powers on.
In the configuration of mx7d_saber, I understand that the internal PMIC is No. 2 when button is pressed ... and then No. 3 External regulator is enabled.
Based on the above, it was judged as internal PMIC. Is my way of thinking wrong?

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos