cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reader/Writer for the NT3H2111

robertosocorreg
Contributor I

Hi,

We need a USB reader/writer for the NT3H2111. Based on a previous thread here, it is suggested that the MFEV710 is a suitable solution with the software RFIDDiscover|NXP. According to this thread, there are two different versions of the software, one that is public and the NDA version. I have the following questions,

1. We are using the app "NTAG I2C Demo | NXP" to reset/configure the new tags. This app configures the Capability Container (CC) in the new NT3H2111 tags. Can we use this RFIDDiscover|NXP software to reset/configure the new tags? Which of the two versions of the software do we need?
  2. Can we load the data that we want to upload into the tag from a txt file?

Thank you,

Robert

0 Kudos
7 Replies

robertosocorreg
Contributor I

Dear Jonathan,

We are using the RFIDDiscoverLite to read and write to the NT3H2111 chips. We go to the NTAG button and use the "NTAGI2C Plus Product" option. It happens that the only way that it works is if we press the "Activate Idle" button. Every time that we need to write something to a new tag, we need to push the "Activate Idle" button and press the "Write" button. Is there a way to automate this process? We usually need to repeat this process 200 to 1000 times. Is there a way to speed this process up, so we don't need to press any buttons?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Roberto Socorregut,

Usually a common problem  is that customers cannot connect the reader to the software. well the Activate Idle button  starts the activation of the tag in the ISO 14443-3 

pastedImage_1.png

BR

Jonathan 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Roberto Socorregut,

is the PEGODA reader being detected by your PC ?  usually what happens is that customer place the tag over the reader before connecting to RFIDDiscover, so please before  putting the tag on top of the reader, connect the reader to the PC > open RFIDDiscover > connect reader > put card over the reader then activate tag. usually what happens is that the reader is detected and when you put the tag the OS takes control over it.

hope I was clear please let me know if after this process, this problem keeps happening.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

robertosocorreg
Contributor I

Jonathan, I received the Pegoda EV710 and I upgraded the firmware to version 2.2.8. I'm using the RFIDDiscoverLite program. The reader can't read any of the cards. All of the settings in the reader's registers are set to zero. What am I missing here? Can you provide the register values to work with the NT3H2111 chip? Thanks.

0 Kudos

robertosocorreg
Contributor I

Jonathan,

Thank you for your answer. What about our first question above? The NT3H2111 chips come unformatted. They need to be formatted or resetted to configure the Capability Container (CC) in the chip with the correct information. Can we format the new chips with this program and writer?

Thank you,

Robert

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There should not be any issue using the RFIDDiscover to write the CC.

please check the software and the available readers you can use in case one of them is of your interest.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Roberto Socorregut,

the complete version of the software should be only if you are going to use DESFire or PLUS families  since you are using NTAG you can use the lite version also inside the NTAG part you can use a file to upload to the tag,  please check this  software  and if you have more questions please let me know.

Have a great day !
BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos