cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to LPCXpresso board for LPC11C24 with CMSIS DAP probe

christoph_furth
Contributor I

Hello,

I am working with OM13093: LPCXpresso board for LPC11C24 with CMSIS DAP probe.

I followed the "Release notes for the NXP LPC11Uxx Debug Probe VCOM Driver v1.0.0, 10th July 2017" to install the driver an connect the board to the computer. But the board is not recognized by my computer (Win7). It does not appear in the Device Manager, neither in "Devices and Printers", which I have already read in other threads.

Then I wanted to replace the firmware but also the USB ISP (shorted JP5) mode does not work.

No matter jumper JP5 is shorted or not, the RBG-LED (LED1) flashes alternately red, green and blue.

I tried it on different PCs (Win7 and Win10), also with different cables and I tried it with six different LPCXpresso board for LPC11C24 with CMSIS DAP probe. Always with the result described above.

Used tools/drivers:

• MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563
  • LPC11Uxx_Debug_Probe_VCOM_v1.0.0
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is possible that your board was supplied with "mbed" firmware installed in it, rather than the later "LPC11U35 debug probe firmware". In this case, you need to ensure that the mbed vcom port driver has been installed. There is a link to this in the IDE's Help -> Additional Resources menu. [Until an appropriate vcom port driver is installed, the IDE will not be able to see the debug probe.]

If that doesn't help you get things going, please confirm exactly what you see in "Devices and Printers" when you plug your board into your PC.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear christoph.furthmeier@vector.com‌,

This LPCxpresso board has an LPC31xx and the old version of the LPC-Link. So to be reconized it needs to change the following registry key in regedit :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

The problem occurs when the "Enabled" field has value of 1. To fix, change the value of "Enabled" field of this key to 0, and then reboot.  The LPC DFU driver will then load successfully, and then, after the probe has been booted by the IDE, the LPC-Link driver installs correctly - and then debug the LPCXpresso V1 board successfully.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

christoph_furth
Contributor I

Hello alexisandalon‌,

only the old LPCXpresso Board (OM13012: see picture in attachment or Link OM13012) has the LPC31xx. The LPCXpresso board for LPC11C24 with CMSIS DAP probe (OM13093: see picture in attachment or Link OM13093) has an LPC11u35.

I have both boards and I have no Problem to connect with the old OM13012 which has the LPC31xx but as described I cannot connect with OM13093.

Best regards

Christoph Furthmeier

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christoph,

Please check the following post and follow the steps to flash again the new firmware:

Flashing and Installing the new firmware and drivers for LPC11U35 debug probes 

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

christoph_furth
Contributor I

Hi Alexis,

that didn't work either. I already sent one Board to NXP, so they can have a look at it.

In the meantime I was able to flash my code with a KEIL ULINK2 Debug Adapter.

Best Regards,

Christoph Furthmeier

0 Kudos