Ethernet receiving with M4 core

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet receiving with M4 core

xingshengwan
Contributor I

I am working on ENET driver on the M4 core of IMX6 solox board. I met an issue that it of ENET receiving.

1. My ENET driver can send the packet out success. And it triggered interrupt while sending completes.

2. For receiving:

2.a. Most time, there is no receiving interrupt hit. But I can see some data received (not full frame) in the descriptor buffer.

2.b. Some time, it triggers receiving interrupt once. But then it does not trigger receiving interrupt any more. I can still see some data received (not full frame)  in the next descriptor buffer.

2.c. On both 2.a and 2.b, The bit ENETx_EIR.RXB is set (Indicates a receive buffer descriptor is not the last in the frame has been updated). 

Does any one meet such issue?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

xingshengwan
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

We have used this same driver on i.MX6UL(L), Kinetis, Vybrid, and ColdFire, and they do not have this problem. What changed on the i.MX6 SoloX that would cause this?

I also tried to enable loopback. The receive can only receive 16 bytes data, but the length it shows 0x600 byte.

Xingsheng

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xingsheng

for i.MX6SX fec OS-less example one can look at uboot fec driver

fec_mxc.c\net\drivers - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

also may be useful On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX28

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos