cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5554 EEPROM Emulation

mehmet_karadeni
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working with MPC5554 on real-time application. I want to use eeprom emulation but I wonder 2 situation;

I read an application notes which is from ST company, in that note I read " The provided implementation of the EEPROM emulation firmware runs from the internal Flash, thus the access to the Flash will be stalled during operations requiring Flash erase or programming (EEPROM initialization, variable update or page erase). As a consequence, the application code is not executed and the interrupt cannot be serviced. This behavior may be acceptable for many applications; however, for applications with realtime constraints, you need to run the critical processes from the internal RAM."

1- Does the sw and interrupts work normally, when the eeprom emulation functions are running? Or is it same with note?

2- " however, for applications with realtime constraints, you need to run the critical processes from the internal RAM. ", is it also valid for MPC5554?

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

in case of MPC5554, the flash is divided into partitions and Read-While-Write is supported between these partitions. So, it's not necessary to run the code from RAM, it is sufficient to run the code from another partition. From the reference manual:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

mehmet_karadeni
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,
Thank you for your answer. In addition that situation is the same for interrupts? Does the interrupts work normally, when the eeprom emulation functions are running? Because I wonder that whether real-time activities(interrupts) can be affected during the eeprom emulation.

Regards,

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the only restriction is that you can't access flash partition which is being programmed or erased. Everything else works as usual. There's no problem with interrupt if you ensure that interrupt handlers do not access that partition.

Regards,

Lukas