Android6.0 mfgtool repeat Loading U-boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android6.0 mfgtool repeat Loading U-boot

Contributor I

Hi  all,

I'm using an imx6d modified board and intend to burn Android 6.0.

(1)After referring to the Android_User's_Guide.pdf document,I have build the Android platform for i.MX6.

(2)I download the package android_m6.0.1_2.1.0_tool.tar.gz,unzip the mfgtools.

(3) copy the android img to android_m6.0.1_2.1.0_ga_tool\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files\android\sabresd

(4) run mfgtool2-android-mx6dl-sabresd-emmc.vbs

Here is the question:

mfgtools always repeat Loading U-boot ->Loading Kernel -> Loading Initramfs -> Jumping to OS image steps.

I will attach the related files here.Please help me to find which steps go wrong.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What are the different between your board and our reference board? From your above information I see that you are using the i.MX6D, but you use the mfgtool2-android-mx6dl-sabresd-emmc.vbs, it's for the i.MX6DL. You error message is not found the images, so you can try to use the mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-emmc.vbs.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi,

I have tried to use the mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-emmc.vbs,but still fail.

Here is the log,please help me to find what is the problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What are the different between your board and our reference board?

0 Kudos

Contributor I

hi,

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>//通知内嵌ROM代码跳转到内存中的镜像执行

请问内嵌的ROM代码在linux版本和android版本是否需要做区分?

这块板子刷linux版本没有问题,但刷android版本一直在重复Loading U-boot ->Loading Kernel -> Loading Initramfs -> Jumping to OS image这些步骤。

是否可能是由于内嵌的是linux版本的ROM代码,所以刷android版本不能识别?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The ROM codes are the same. Here you download the Linux images success, so your hardware works OK. About android BSP you need to do porting first, the way is most the same with porting Linux BSP. Hope this can do help for you.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi,

Confirmed with the hardware engineer that the core board has not been modified, but has been extended on this basis. And there's no problem brushing Linux versions.

I tried to download the official demo to burn the android M6

Here is the steps,please help me to find what is the problem.

(1)mfgtool version:android_m6.0.1_2.1.0_tool.tar.gz

(2)the demo version:android_M6.0.1_2.1.0_image_6dqpsabresd

copy the u-boot-imx6q.imx,eMMC/system.img,eMMC/boot-imx6q.img,eMMC/recovery-imx6q.img to mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files\android\sabresd

(3)modify the cfg.ini

[LIST]
name = SDCard -> name = eMMC-Android

(4) run "mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-emmc.vbs"

Finally,the problem still exists.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

That's the problem, the Demo images in our website is for NXP reference board. Customer board can not use directly, you need to do porting first and then build your android BSP for your board.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos