HCS12 checksum position

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS12 checksum position

fabio_antonucci
Contributor II

Hello, I have an original hex file from a HCS12 (MC9S12DG256) and the related modified one, I also have calculated the checksum of the modified one.
In which point of the new hex file have I to write the SC inside the file that I will punt in the MCU?
Thx!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI FabiopastedImage_2.png

Above screenshot is a generally description of hex file format, we can see checksum is at the last two bytes of each record.

If you have specific problem on your hex file, please check which IDE generates the hex file, you need check the IDE setting and contact the IDE producer for the specific issue

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

fabio_antonucci
Contributor II

Jun,

many thanks for your replay.

As far I understand there is no file checksum that as to be inserted in the hex file but each line has it's own CS.
Is it correct?
fabio

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

fabio,

NXP CodeWarrior can add checksum to its srecord file automatically after a successfully build. No need to add checksum file to project again.

As I know, Most IDE has the same features also. 

Still, if you have doubt on other vendor's IDE,  you need check the specific IDE producer or help manual.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos