Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXPresso debugging issues

Jump to solution
nxf53819
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have encountered some issues while debugging in MCUXPresso with the LPC Link 2.

The problems occurred on Windows 10 with the MCUXPresso versions 11.0.0 and 11.0.1.

This is the error I get: "Em(01). Cannot find MEM-AP selected by core index (check target power)"

The complete error log is below:

error.PNG

I have got the same result with different LPC Link 2 debuggers and different boards.

Sometimes a reset (Windows restart, disconnect board and LPC-Link2, importing the project again in a new workspace) helps but most of the time it does not. And even if it works, after 1 debugging process it is back to the same issue again.

BR,

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Simon,

I will suggest to change the LPC-Link2 firmware from CMSIS-DAP to J-Link. After this use the J-Link console and try to connect to your MCU using this console. Check the commands bellow:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nxf53819
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The number on my MCU is: MKL28Z512VLL7 1N52N

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Simon,

I will suggest to change the LPC-Link2 firmware from CMSIS-DAP to J-Link. After this use the J-Link console and try to connect to your MCU using this console. Check the commands bellow:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

nxf53819
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Alexis,

I have programed the J-Link firmware onto my LPC-Link 2 and now everything seems to work again.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. One detail you left missing is the Kinetis MCU part number and revision.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos