cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Power mode transitions

goto11
Contributor III

hello,Community

For the circuit, see Figure 6-4. Chip reset scheme under PMU control in the i.MX 7 Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual.
Table 6-8. Assuming Configuration with internal PMIC column for Power mode transitions
When a high level signal is input from the OFF state to the ONOFF input, it starts up in the OFF to ON, by button state.
Then, will there be a transition to the automatic Emergency ON to OFF, by button state? (ONOFF input is level signal high continuous input)

best regards

Goto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

There are two questions about the attached document

①About internal PMIC configuration is not supported in i.MX7D
Is the content as follows?
The configurations enclosed in red in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-4 are not supported.
Does it only support the configuration enclosed in blue in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-5?

②About the attached document sch-28590_i.mx7d_saber_rev_d
The following signals are connected.
Is this connection an internal PMIC configuration?

Power Botton and i.MX7D ONOFF signal
   i.MX7D PMIC_ON_REQ signal and PMIC PWRON signal

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

for new questions suggest to create new thread.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

The circuit is considered based on "Figure 6-4. Chip reset scheme under PMU control".
Table 6-8. Power mode transitions Configuration with internal PMIC is not supported. Is there any document that describes the relationship between Power mode, ONOFF SW and PMIC_ON_REQ signal?

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

unfortunately additional documentation is not available, please

note Table 6-8 gives general description of reset, while i.MX7D uses

only configuration with external PMIC.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

As a major premise, state transition of Configuration with internal PMIC is performed as Table 6-8. Power mode transitions.
But does that mean that SW is always on?

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

internal PMIC configuration is not supported in i.MX7D, so software also

does not support that option.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

When an ON-level signal is input to the ONOFF input from the OFF state, it starts from OFF to ON depending on the button state.
Does the transition to Emergency ON to OFF, by button if the ONOFF input is not turned off and continues to be turned on?

Does the transition to Normal ON to OFF, by button state occur even if the transition from automatic emergency on to off is disabled?

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

internal PMIC configuration is not supported in i.MX7D.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goto

>will there be a transition to the automatic Emergency ON to OFF, by button state?

yes, in particular Table 5-3. Power Mode Transition shows RUN to SNVS transition by

ONOFF long press,

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos