cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDS Display Interface with i.MX6Q

r2
Contributor II

Hello,

I need to interface an OLED display with an i.MX6Q using both i.MX6Q LVDS channels. Parameters for the devices are shown below and the OLED LVDS pin equivalent circuit is attached.  The receiver does not have internal termination so I will use a couple of 50R resistors on each LVDS pair.  Does the interface also require voltage level converters?  If so, is there a suitable IC to accomplish this?

Thank you.

i.MX6 LVDS DC parameters

Parameter

Symbol

Test Conditions

Min

Max

Unit

Output Differential Voltage

VOD

Rload=100 Ω between padP and padN

mV

Output High Voltage

VOH

IOH = 0 mA

V

Output Low Voltage

VOL

IOL = 0 mA

Offset Voltage

VOS

OLED Receiver LVDS parameters

Item

Symbol

Conditions

Min

Typ

Max

Unit

Power Supply Voltage

VDD1IF

V

Differential Voltage Range

VID

RL=100Ω

mV

Differential Voltage Deviation

(Between Lanes)

⊿VID

RL=100Ω

%

Input voltage range

VI

RL=100Ω

mV

Common Voltage

VIC

RL=100Ω

mV

Common Voltage Deviation

(Between Lanes)

⊿VIC

RL=100Ω

mV

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

r2
Contributor II

Thanks, Igor,

The specification compliance is certainly the issue.  I can use voltage dividers to keep the i.MX6 output within the OLED input specifications but I could use some advice on handling the differential voltage mismatch.  The i.MX6 can have a differential of up to 450 mV and the OLED spec shows a maximum differential of 300 mV.  If I keep voltages below the OLED VI_max (1.5V) is there any adverse impact with the 450 mV differential?

Respectfully

Rod

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rodney

for i.MX6Q LVDS parameters one can look at

sect.4.12.11 LVDS Display Bridge (LDB) Module Parameters

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processors for Consumer Products - Data Sheet

If lcd complies with LVDS interface TIA/EIA 644-A standard no converters are needed.

For termination/layout one can check guidelines provided in

IMX6DQ6SDLHDG, Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applic...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos