Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8M Mini PCIe Clock Generation Termination

Jump to solution
adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

If I want to use the 8M Mini to generate my PCIe clock signal, does that signal need any external terminating resistors? Or does it have internal 50 ohm terminations?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi adevries

corrected:

it is configurable using bit 3 register CMN_REG064
described in sect.11.4.3.1.102 (CMN_REG064)

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi adevries

corrected:

it is configurable using bit 3 register CMN_REG064
described in sect.11.4.3.1.102 (CMN_REG064)

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

marcelziswiler
Senior Contributor I

I really don't think this is true. We added external termination but now the amplitude of the clock is way too low. Removing those external 50 ohm termination resistors again improves the situation but it looks like further tweaking of undocumented registers from the DWC IP is required. Could you please reveal details about how/what exactly one may set to increase the clock swing? Thanks!

0 Kudos