cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG213 vs NTAG213F

robhelvestine
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm looking at using either the NTAG213 or NTAG213F in a tag that will be read by a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. 

I would prefer to use the NTAG213, as I don't need the field detection output, but I don't see distributors having it in stock with prototype-level MOQs (the MOQs I see are 10k+). Are there distributors that carry this IC for purchase in smaller volumes? 

Alternatively, I can use the NTAG213F, which is in stock at Digikey. If this is the case, can I just leave the GND and FD pins unconnected and solely use this part as a passive tag? I'm assuming I can but would like reassurance.

Thanks,

Rob

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rob,

I see the Min Package Quantity of NTAG213 is 86470.:smileysad:

Min. Package Quantity.png
You can buy NTAG213F and leave the GND and FD pins unconnected and solely use this part as a passive tag.
Please disable the field detect function by setting FDP CONF 00b.

FDP CONF.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos