KE1xF controller's ROM bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE1xF controller's ROM bootloader

chaitanyakumarb
Contributor II

Hi, I am using KE1xF controller's ROM bootloader via CAN, When I am loading my application which is 0x8A90 size, it is getting loaded successfully. In my program, I have request to not to program the FOPT register until all the binary has been programmed. So I am programming the image in to 3 parts. 

1) First I am erasing flash region upto sectors 0x8A90 size. Then programming binary upto 0x400 size.

2) Then programming the Binary from 0x420 to 0x8A90 size. 

3) Finally, I am programming the Binary from 0x400 to 0x420 (where the FOPTs is present)

This way, the Flash is not getting programmed. Not sure what is happening. If I change the sequence as below then loading is getting successful.

1) First I am erasing flash region upto sectors 0x8A90 size. Then programming binary upto 0x400 size.

2) Then programming the Binary from 0x400 to 0x420 (where the FOPTs is present). 

3) Finally, programming the Binary from 0x420 to 0x8A90 size.

Please let me know if you have any inputs.

Also let me know if I can program FlexRAM portion of the memory using this Bootloader? will Bootloader allows us to load something into FlexRAM?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Hello Chaitanya,

Please check my answers below:

-The following is an extract from Using the Kinetis Security and Flash Protection Features application note.

To prevent an updated flash configuration field value that secures the processor and prevents further access to the processor, ensure the programmer completes all programming steps and any verification of values written before resetting the processor.

This could be the issue when 0x400 to 0x420 is the latest section to be programmed.

-Unfortunately, programming FlexRAM using ROM bootloader is not supported.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos