cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add extra applets to the SE050

umujika
Contributor I

Hello NXP,

I'm reaching you to clarify some of the capabilities that I understand the SE050 might have.

According to the "AN12413 API description SE050 IoT Applet", SE050 is being executed on top of JCOP 4.7. 

Is it possible to use the 50K memory in the device to extend the functionaly of the chip by adding extra applets?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

umujika
Contributor I

Hello Kan,

Thanks for your answer, but I fear that your explanation leaves things still in the dark.

In a JCOP card, or in principle any JavaCard, as long as you have the necessary keys and rights it's possible to download additional applets and afterwards use them.

Is there a possibility, in the default unmodified SE050 that you could get from any official distributor, to download additional applets?

I'm not talking about adding NXP propietary applets (such as a MIFARE applet), but possibly other functionality, programmed by us.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the clarification! I understand now, but sorry that the 50 KB flash can only be used for secure data or key storage, so the answer is No.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Technically it is possible but it depends on an agreement between NXP and the customer finally the volume makes the difference.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos