AnsweredAssumed Answered

RT 1064 Flashloader

Question asked by Alin Butoi on Sep 2, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2019 by jeremyzhou

Hello,

I am trying to load an application image (blinky) to the RT 1064 evaluation board via the Flashloader. Both the blinky app and the Flashloader are stored in flash memory. The Flashloader is configured as execute out of RAM and the blinky app is currently configured as execute in place out of flash.

I build the Flashloader image to run out of RAM using the configuration provided with SDK_2.6.1_EVK-MIMXRT1064. Initially, the Flashloader image is downloaded using the Mfgtool while the evaluation board is set to serial download mode using the BOOT_MODE[1:0] register (SW7(1-4): 'OFF' 'OFF' 'OFF' 'ON'). Once the MfgTool confirms a successful download of the Flashloader image, the configuration is changed to internal boot mode in order to boot from Flexspi nor flash by changing SW7 to: 'OFF' 'OFF' 'ON' 'OFF', and a hardware reset is performed.

I am able to confirm the Flashloader app is running after the reset by requesting the version of the bootloader process currently running via the command "./blhost.exe -u -- get-property 1" inside the blhost tool.

I would like to download the blinky app to flash without overwriting the Flashloader program data which is also stored in flash, and to be able to have blinky execute in place after reset.

1. I would like to confirm that my approach regarding the process of executing the Flashloader in RAM and using it to load the blinky app into flash and executing in place is indeed feasible.

2. It is important to note that the above scenario has Flashloader executing out of RAM and blinky app image executing out of flash. We would also like to confirm that with the flshloader executing in RAM, the app image can be loaded into RAM to also execute out of RAM. Can you please confirm if this is possible, Flashloader and blinky app both execute out of RAM?

Note: The blinky app in this post represents any application level image that may be developed.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Outcomes