cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1060 flash read and write

Jump to solution
bjargalsaikhan
Contributor II

Hello everyone, I am using MIMXRT1060-EVK dev-kit to write and read from the flash.

In the fact sheet of MIMXRT1060, it says the dev-kit has 

256Mb SDRAM
512Mb Hyper Flash
64Mb QSPI Flash

The source: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/IMXRTEVKFS.pdf

However, the address that I am assuming for the qspi is 0x6000 0000. 

But, in the reference manual, it says FlexSPI/FlexSPI ciphertext is at 0x6000 0000 and utilizes 256Mb.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp?render=true

My questions:

1)  How do we know at address 0x6000 0000 is for QSPI not another type of flash ? 

2) And how big is QSPI flash 64Mb? or 256Mb?

3) Is there any example project that is writing and reading from the flash using just flexspi API without a bootloader. 

4) What is the difference and when to use for ( flexspi with the bootloader VS Flexspi without bootloader ) ? 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
I really appreciate your help. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Baasanjav Jargalsaikhan

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)  How do we know at address 0x6000 0000 is for QSPI not another type of flash?
-- The memory map is illustrated in the Table 2-1 System memory map in the RM, please check it.
-- On the MIMXRT1060 board, the IS25WP064 is 64 Mb.
3) Is there any example project that is writing and reading from the flash using just flexspi API without a bootloader.
-- Please check the attachment.
4) What is the difference and when to use for ( flexspi with the bootloader VS Flexspi without bootloader)?
-- Actually, I'm not very with this question, please clarify it in details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Baasanjav Jargalsaikhan

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)  How do we know at address 0x6000 0000 is for QSPI not another type of flash?
-- The memory map is illustrated in the Table 2-1 System memory map in the RM, please check it.
-- On the MIMXRT1060 board, the IS25WP064 is 64 Mb.
-- Please check the attachment.
4) What is the difference and when to use for ( flexspi with the bootloader VS Flexspi without bootloader)?
-- Actually, I'm not very with this question, please clarify it in details.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

bjargalsaikhan
Contributor II

I got mine working Thank you. 

0 Kudos
bjargalsaikhan
Contributor II

What is the difference and when to use for ( flexspi with the bootloader VS Flexspi without bootloader)?

If I am correct, the example code is initializing the flexspi from the bootloader.

Is there any other way that I could initialize flexspi module outside the bootloader then perform erasing, writing, and reading the flash memory?

If yes, is there any example project? thank you.  

0 Kudos