Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 : Wireless Uart Send Uart stream iphone behaviour issue

pvelayu1
Contributor II

Hi,

Greetings for the day !

I would like to understand the behaviour of send uart stream feature of KW36 with iphones.

I have flashed W_uart example in FRDM_KW36 board.

My issue is that when i try to send some data to connected peer device through pRecvStream parameter BleApp_SendUartStream(pRecvStream,streamSize) , it is not sent successfully to the connected peer device in the following cases :

Case1 : I have disabled Pairing and bonding in FRDM-KW36 and when i connect any iphone , i am trying to connect KW36 and Iphone through IOT TOOLBOX wireless uart , i am able to connect it and when i try to send some data from iphone iot toolbox app , data is received by FRDM-KW36 successfully and is displayed in serial console(say teraterm) but when i try to send some data back to Iphone from KW36 , the data is not sent successfully, but when i try this case in any android phone, the issue is not seen, please make me understand this difference in behaviour.

Case 2 : If i enable pairing and disable bonding, then i face the same issue as mentioned in case1.

Only when pairing and bonding is enabled, i could able to send and receive data through wireless uart in iphones..

I  request you to provide your analysis on the above as soon as possible as i am in need for the same.

My requirement is i should not use pairing and bonding, but still i should be able to send and receive wireless uart data in iphones, also i would like to make you understand ,the wireless uart data can be sent and received between KW36 and android phone without paring and bonding.

In iphone  NXP IOT toolbox app wireless uart UI , there is two option "uart" which if we click changes to "console" , when we are in console mode in ios app, then we could able to receive wireless uart from KW36 in all the above failed cases successfully, but not in uart mode, but this issue is not faced in android phone, please provide your analysis.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

chintan
Contributor III

Hello,

I am facing same issue.

Is there any update on same??

Thank you.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chitan,

We are still working on this. However, the IoT Toolbox is working well, and there is not affecting the BLE communication.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chintan
Contributor III

Hello Mario,

In my application I am not using Paring and Bonding. Only, wireless communication I want to do with my system.

Let me know what change I have to do in my code to communicate with iOS mobile also?

Currently only Android mobiles are working properly with my board.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chitan, 

The example is working correctly with Android or IOS. This is a known issue in our IOS application.

You can design your own application supporting this custom profile.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prakash,

In iphone  NXP IOT toolbox app wireless uart UI , there is two option "uart" which if we click changes to "console" , when we are in console mode in ios app, then we could able to receive wireless uart from KW36 in all the above failed cases successfully, but not in uart mode, but this issue is not faced in android phone, please provide your analysis.

I am checking the issue that you are facing. I will get back to you with some feedback about this.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prakash,

What is the iOS version that you are working on?

What is the level of security that you set?

What is the IoT Toolbox version installed?

I am running some test and will get back to you.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos