Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get interrupts working in debug mode for MKL27

Jump to solution
bjornverbrugge
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a question concerning the MKL27 debugging in MCUXpresso V11.0.0.

A simple project runs correctly in normal mode, but most of the times the interrupts are ignored in debug mode. (sometimes its works fine without changing any code, but most of the times it doesn't...)

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking?

ps: I'm also using the MK22 without any debugging troubles...

Thanks,

BJV

1 Solution
bjornverbrugge
Contributor I

Hi,

I got it working yesterday evening. I'm using a 3 image system with a bootloader, and two other images. The bootloader decides which image to start. My problem had to do with the NMIn pin not beeing disabled in my bootloader. (in combination with the hw...)

Thx a lot.

Best regards,

Bjorn

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is this your own board, or a standard eval board? And what debug probe are you using? And what operations are you actually carrying out when debugging?

I presume that when you talk about "normal" mode, you mean that you have programmed your application into flash - and are now just running it by powering the board up?

The first thing I would personally try here is to set a breakpoint on an interrupt handler that you "know" is executing - and then start see if that breakpoint is ever hit when you resume program execution..

It might also be interesting to see the text contents of the Debug Messages log from the Console view from when you start your debug session. See the section "The Console View" in the MCUXpresso IDE v11.0. User Guide for more details on this.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
bjornverbrugge
Contributor I

Hi,

I got it working yesterday evening. I'm using a 3 image system with a bootloader, and two other images. The bootloader decides which image to start. My problem had to do with the NMIn pin not beeing disabled in my bootloader. (in combination with the hw...)

Thx a lot.

Best regards,

Bjorn

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Are you using semihost?

Semihosting operations cause the CPU to drop into “debug state”, which means that for the duration of the data transfer between the target and the host PC no code (including interrupts) will get executed on the target. Thus if your application uses interrupts, then it is normally advisable to avoid the use of semihosting whilst interrupts are active – and certainly within interrupt handlers themselves.

I hope this helps, have a nice day!

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos