AnsweredAssumed Answered

debug i.mx233 sd card boot issue with sjtag - boot error 0x80502008

Question asked by Onno van der Leun on Aug 27, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2019 by igorpadykov

Hi,

I've build myself a custom i.mx233 board. I've build the board in phases to verify each part is working.

First I've soldered the power supply part and verified it's working. Then I've added the CPU, SD card connector and RAM. Now the problem starts: I'm unable to boot from SD. I got all the jumpers set correctly, as far as I know.

I've connected serial to the board and when I boot it without SD card, I get the expected output:

0x80502008
          H0x80501003
0x80502008
          H0x80501003

But when I've inserted the SD card, I still get the same messages, meaning it doesn't boot from the SD Card.

Now I've bought a JTAG adapter with a SJTAG. Debug setup is working but I can't seem to figure out if and how I can debug the SD card access through (S)JTAG.

I've checked multple forum and internet searches, but all I've found are discussing the fact that SD card pins are muxed with JTAG pins ;o)

Hopefully someone here can help/point me in the right direction to figure out the root cause of the board not willing to boot from SD.

The CPU seems to work at least, because I was able to blow the SD_MBR_BOOT eFuse from Windows, as it was detected correctly.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any help/hints.

Onno.

Outcomes