cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOC Control modes

mark_chylinski
Contributor I

Hello all!
I'm starting out learning about motor controllers and FOC. I have the S32K144 along with the motor development kit : MTRDEVKSPNK144: S32K144 

I'm struggling quite alot with finding documentation or describtions of the different motor control techniques that are available to the FOC control: in the example code they are in struct "controlStructMode_t" in "motor_structure.h" file. The available modes are Scalar control, voltage control, current control, and speed control. I'd like to know the differences or advantages/disadvantages between them so I can decide on which is best, and why it is better.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Mark

3 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello mark.chylinski@d-i-s.dk‌,

I'm not sure what example you are talking about, but I think you can get answers on the S32K community. Here we handle questions regarding MATLAB/Simulink and our toolboxes. We also have materials and examples in our toolboxes that cover motor control topics (e.g. Module 2: PMSM and FOC Theory). If you are interested in this type of development, I could point you to our latest S32K release and you can try it out, but there are some licenses that you'll be needing. Let me know if you want more details about our toolbox and what licenses you'd be needing to run it.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

mark_chylinski
Contributor I

Hi
Thanks for clearing that up!
I've posted a new question on the S32 community, but the link to the PMSM workshop was very helpful, and indeed some of the control methods are described there, ie. scalar control using V/f, and speed control by implementing a closed speed loop.
I'm still struggling with voltage controlled DQ control and current controlled DQ control setups. But perhaps the other forum will help me out.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!
BR
Mark

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello mark.chylinski@d-i-s.dk,

I'm glat that was helpful. If you are interested we also have a BLDC course (here).

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos