AnsweredAssumed Answered

FOC control modes

Question asked by Mark Chylinski on Aug 27, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2020 by Kruthik Kumar

Hello all!
I'm starting out learning about motor controllers and FOC. I have the S32K144 along with the motor development kit : MTRDEVKSPNK144: S32K144 

I'm struggling quite alot with finding documentation or descriptions of the different motor control techniques that are available to the FOC control: in the example project downloaded, called MTRDEVKSPNK144_S32DS, the FOC control-modes are in struct "controlStructMode_t" in "motor_structure.h" file. The available modes are Scalar control, voltage control, current control, and speed control. I'd like to know the differences or advantages/disadvantages between them so I can decide on which is best, and why it is better.

I have attached the structs that contain the control modes and how each is implemented in the FOCFastLoop of the main code (current loop of the cascaded control), in case this can help in understanding what is going on. The FOCFastLoop is shown in 2 pictures where "FOC_FastLoop_2" is the immediate continuation of the code from the first picture.

FOC Control structures

FOC control structures, with available modes.

FOC FastLoop function with scalar and voltage control implementations

FOC FastLoop function with scalar and voltage control implementations

FOC FastLoop function with current and speed control implementations

FOC FastLoop function with current and speed control implementations

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Mark

Outcomes