AnsweredAssumed Answered

Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

Question asked by Venu Gopal on Aug 26, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2019 by igorpadykov

I was following below steps to build and compile NXP Yocto setup.

-> DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx6ulevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b yocto_test

-> bitbake meta-toolchain

-> bitbake core-image-minimal.

First it was building and compiled successfully but through this images Phytech board not booting that's why i was copied phytech imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts file into NXP  /arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts and after that i was followed above steps to build and compile.

Please find attached after building and compiled NXP Yocto setup images. After that i went below location here images date and time was not changing.

venu@venu-H110M-H:~/yocto_new/fsl-release-bsp/yocto_test/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ulevk$

> Copied NXP_Yocto_new below four images into sdcard but Kernel was not booting same error "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

1. sudo tar -xvf core-image-minimal-imx6ulevk-20190716100442.rootfs.tar.bz2 -C /media/venug/rootfs

2. sudo cp zImage /media/venug/boot/zImage

3. sudo cp zImage-imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb /media/venug/boot/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb

4. sudo dd if=u-boot-sd-2016.03-r0.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync

Please check once and revert back and send stepts to after modifing dts file how to build and compile NXP Yocto Setup.

Outcomes